Friday, December 23, 2011

Blog Name Change?

I've been Facebook free for almost a year. For the most part, it's been just fine. I haven't been chomping at the bit these last several months to rejoin. I've pretty much enjoyed being free from the gossip (okay that's kind of a lie. I still receive the occasional juicy bit of info via text lol) and drama and mean-spirited posts. And of course, the most important reason I quit FB was to spend more time with my children. I think I've improved in that area, but I'm still not the most attentive mom I could be. It always seems like there's something to be done that takes me away from them. (Today we spent a lot of time snuggling on the couch watching Veggie Tales. That was pretty amazing. 80) )

Anyway, we're getting a new microwave. Hopefully I won't use it for every last thing. Also, I'm rejoining Facebook on January 1st. That will be a full year without social media. (unless you count blogging?) My biggest fear is that I get sucked in and addicted again. So, I need to pray for strength and self-control! I know there are many people (I can't give you a number, but I'm pretty popular, so like, a lot) that have been nagging me to get back on and that they miss me. But the main reason I've decided to get back on FB is to help the home business I'm going to be starting. Shortly after the new year, I plan on consulting for Scentsy. If I want to keep in easy contact with customers, it just makes sense to be on facebook, especially since many of my customers will be friends and family (at least in the beginning). I really hope that I'm successful! I'll definitely be blogging about it!

So this leads me to my question: Should I change my blog name? Life During Facebook? Life With Facebook? Life in Spite of Facebook? Life Trumps Facebook?

1 comment:

  1. Change the name for sure. And don't put the word Facebook in it at all. It's a blog about your family, friends, Scentsy and day-to-day life in general. What does Facebook have to do with it anyway? ;)

    ReplyDelete