Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"Perfect" Strawberry Lemonade

The other day while grocery shopping, a bag of lemons caught my eye, and I thought about making lemonade - the perfect summer beverage. I walked around the corner, and the strawberries were begging to come along. Mmm. Strawberry lemonade. Now we're talking...

I found a recipe online courtesy of The Food Network and Emeril Lagasse, so you know it's got to be good!

I made it, and my husband, Justin, LOVED it. He even said it was perfect! So when he asked me if I would make it again, you better believe I did. Except this time I took pictures.

The Basic Ingredients
 Lemons
Strawberries
Sugar
Water
Club Soda

The Directions

1. Boil 2 cups water and 1 cup sugar, stirring occasionally; then simmer.


2. Juice enough lemons to equal 1 cup of lemon juice.


3. Grate 1 tbsp worth of lemon peel.


4. Add juice and peel to the water/sugar mixture; remove from heat.


5. Wash, hull and halve 2 cups of strawberries (I used a 1 lb container); puree.


6. Allow lemonade to cool completely, and strain into clean pitcher.


7. Mix strawberry puree into lemonade; strain again.*


8. Refrigerate until well chilled.

9. Add 2 cups cold club soda and mix well.
10. Serve on ice with a strawberry/lemon garnish, and enjoy!



The end result is a partly sweet, partly sour, partly fizzy, and 100% refreshing and delicious summer drink! 

By the way, if you don't want to go through the trouble of squeezing and grating lemons, you can try 100% lemon juice and pregrated lemon peel can be found in the spice section.

And if anyone is wondering, I made the lemonade and blog after I did my chores (well most of them haha)! ;0)

* I found that it was easier to strain the seeds and thick strawberry pulp after I mixed it with the lemonade.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Sarahbeth!!! Will absolutely be adding this to my cookbook and making this soon!

    ReplyDelete