Monday, April 25, 2011

Eastery Stuff

Late on Saturday afternoon, we went over to Jon and Mo's for an Easter egg hunt and cookout. Jeremy and Raven and their boys joined us too. Josie hasn't quite gotten the concept of looking for the eggs, but she really enjoyed running around the yard. She did manage to find a few, unlike her friend, Kennedy who was basically a pro. haha




As you can see, she was on the move a lot!

Deuce also had fun, even though he didn't care too much about finding the eggs. Actually, his method was way better: he waited until all the eggs were found, and then he'd steal them from the others' baskets.




After the egg hunt, we had a wonderful dinner of cheeseburgers, grilled shrimp, pasta salad, fresh fruit, and candy. Needless to say, I didn't count any WW points this weekend! I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends!

On Sunday, I managed to get the kids ready and out the door in time for our Easter breakfast at church. I thought that was pretty impressive considering that the kids needed baths and they were dressed much nicer than usual, and I normally barely get us to service on time!

I was really thankful that Kim offered her daughter, Emily and son, Tyler to watch my kids down in the nursery so I could listen to the sermon. Pastor didn't give a typical Resurrection Sunday message, but he did tie it in with a message about forgiveness. I really enjoyed hearing something different. I also liked that we didn't have very many guests. Haha that sound bad, doesn't it? I'm ust glad that we didn't have a bunch of C&E "Christians" showing up and making a mockery of what Christ did for us on the cross. It's one thing to come to church, actually seeking Him; it's another thing entirely when you think you only need to come on Christmas and Easter to get into Heaven. It just isn't that easy. We can't just be hearers of the word. We must be doers of the word too!

Anyway, after church, I tried getting pictures of the kids. It wasn't very successful, but see for yourself.
Josie did not want her picture taken. She just wanted to go home!
Tyler Bessa tried helping, without much luck.
The afternoon was relatively low-key. I spent a lot of time preparing an awesome Easter dinner. I was pretty happy with the results too! I made marinated baked pork chops, au gratin potatoes (from scratch) and crescent rolls (from scratch). Everything turned out really yummy! I love cooking for my family. It's so rewarding!

Anyway, before we ate dinner, the kids got to see what was in their Easter baskets that were not from the "Easter Bunny." Josie ruined her dinner by eating most of what was in her eggs. At least I filled them with goldfish instead of candy!

Here are a few pictures of my cute kids, although none of them are exactly the best quality. 80)

No comments:

Post a Comment