Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorable Memorial Day

First of all, I'd like to give a grateful shout out to my husband, Justin, for fighting in Iraq during Desert Storm and to my friend Paula, who is currently serving in Afghanistan. Thank you to all Veterans. I appreciate your sacrifices!

****************************************************************************************

Most of the day was pretty low key. I didn't enjoy the hot weather, like maybe I should have. What can I say? I was lazy. Besides, I knew we were going to be outside this evening.

Around 4:30 or so, we went over the Bessa's for brats and buffalo wings, as well as swam in their pool. By the way, the water was 62 degrees. Holy moly was it cold! My legs were completely numb after awhile! The craziest part is that Josie LOVED it! We were amazed that she didn't cry when she was in the pool!

 But you wanna know what Josie loved more than the swimming pool?


Yeah, that's right. She's playing in the bucket in which everyone else has rinsed their dirty feet off. I didn't get photographic evidence, but there was also plenty of splashing in that dirty little bucket. She was having so much fun, we decided to just let her be. She also tried sliding down their muddy hill on her rear end, causing her little jumper/makeshift swimsuit cover to get horribly filthy.

More pics of Josie:





Here are a couple pictures of Deuce and Justin, as well as some more of our little man just being adorable.

And finally, some pics of the kids together. They really liked playing on the stairs, which is apparently, the best thing ever. Hey, whatever keeps them entertained...
I ended up giving Josie a bath at their house, because there was no way we were taking her home as nasty as she was! The kids were ready to go by 7:45, and in bed shortly after 8. The wore themselves out playing I guess.

I'm so thankful for the Bessas. What a fun evening with great friends! I'm looking forward to many more hours of fun and relaxation in their pool this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment