Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Life After Facebook

Sometimes it's hard to believe that I used to be obsessed with Facebook. I honestly hardly think about it anymore. Sure, I do miss some of my friends. And I miss being able to share with people little one liners of my life. Occasionally I miss being out of the loop. But I don't miss those things so much that I would go back. I am so thankful that God removed that desire/burden from my life. I pray that I will continue to be open and willing to give things up if and when He asks me to.

I don't pretend to have this amazing and exciting life since quitting the social network world. In truth, I still spend too much time online. But, I'm thankful that I am less hesitant to get up and play with Josie and Deuce when they want me to. There are times when I have to tell myself, "there is nothing on this computer that is more important than my kids." That lights a fire under my butt and gets me in the living room loving on my kids for sure. We've been going to the library more often (we're gonna go tomorrow!), so we've been reading more books together. I love sitting on the couch with Deuce on my lap and Josie beside me under my arm while I read book after book in the middle of the afternoon.

Recently I've gotten a lot more organized. I developed a weekly cleaning schedule for myself, so I now have certain chores I do each day. I'm a lot more disciplined with how I leave the house when I go to bed too. The house is far from perfect, but I definitely feel better about myself as a wife and a homeowner. Another great thing is that the kids seem to enjoy picking up. We usually sing the song "Clean up clean up everybody everywhere! Clean up clean up everybody do your share!" It's really cute how Deuce will hear toys being thrown into a bin, and he'll rush into the room and start helping. I sure hope it stays with them! I was not very tidy for the first 30 years of my life (although adulthood was definitely better than my teenage years!). I hope I instill in them pride in their belongings and their home. Time will tell!

Things are really up in the air right now with Justin's job. Tomorrow night he is supposed to find out the fate of the USPS Milwaukee Processing and Distribution Center where he works. Many of the plants nationwide are going to be shut down and consolidated in order for the Post Office to save money. If Milwaukee's gets closed, there's a good chance we'd have to move, and there's no guarantee he'd have a job somewhere else! This situation has the potential to be stressful, but I've decided there's no point in worrying about what I can't control. I sure hope we don't have to move, but if it comes to that, we'll manage just fine. But I am still very anxious to find out the news!

This weekend my mother in law is coming to town like she does about every 6 weeks. And then we take full advantage of her and plan as many things as possible. Justin and I are going on a date on Thursday, and then going our separate ways (he will be doing dude bible study while I will be hanging out with a couple of my girls). On Friday evening, I have my first Mommies group meeting of the year, followed by a scrapathon at church that lasts until Saturday at 5. I'll be gone for almost 24 hours! I'm not sure what else I'll be doing that weekend. I'll go to church on Sunday by myself like I previously mentioned. And hopefully we'll get to the zoo on Monday if the weather cooperates.

Okay, that's enough rambling for now. I have a sink full of dishes that I need to wash, and I want to start planning some scrapbooking pages. 80)

No comments:

Post a Comment