Thursday, October 27, 2011

Miscellaneous

It's not like *nothing* has been going on these last few weeks; I've just lost motivation to update my blog lately. And even if something interesting happens, it might not be interesting to anyone else. It's hard to say when I don't know who (if anyone haha) reads my blog. I'm not sure if I've even been missed. ;0)  Anyway, let's see if I can share what's been going on lately.

I'm 17 weeks pregnant. We should be able to find out the sex of the baby soon. I just need to make an appointment for an ultrasound. I've gotten to hear the heartbeat twice, at two different appointments with the midwife. Speaking of midwives, I have a new one this time around. She seems very nice and motherly. I think she'll bring a different dynamic to this next homebirth. I still haven't decided who I want to be here, besides Justin and of course, the midwife. I don't feel like I need a natural birth expert, because I pretty much know what I'm doing. But on the other hand, I don't want nobody to be here (that's a double negative, but I meant it that way haha). I know I'm the one doing the hard work, but it's a very stressful time for Justin, and sometimes he needs to be able to step away for a few minutes. So, I'd like at least one other person to be there, just in case. I'm going to keep thinking and praying about it before I make a final decision. (I jokingly suggested to Justin that I have my three closest friends here while he and their husbands hang out in the backyard. He thought that was a fabulous idea lol.)


My parents came to town last weekend. Well, they were here from Thursday to Sunday. It was a nice, but quick visit. Justin and I and my parents went out to dinner while Alana, Justin's sister, watched the kiddos for a few hours. Then on Friday, while Justin was sleeping, the kids and I went to Brown Deer where my parents' hotel was. We hung out, went to a pumpkin farm/petting zoo, the kids swam in the hotel pool (with Grandma and Grandpa), and then we went out for pizza. It was a very full day! Saturday was pretty low-key. My parents took the kids up to the park and spent plenty of time playing with them throughout the day. We had dinner at our house, which I cooked (except Mom helped with the mashed potatoes). And then on Sunday, I skipped church. We went out for brunch instead. Then afterward, we went mattress shopping, and bought Josie a big girl bed (ie twin) and bedding! And by we, I mean my parents bought it, which is totally awesome. Her room looks great now, I think! Anyway, they left Sunday afternoon. All in all it was a really great visit. I just wish they didn't live so far away.

Oh yeah, Sunday was my birthday. I turned 32. It was pretty uneventful. I got some nice gifts from my parents, including a gift card to Archiver's! I can't wait to go shopping! Justin has given me permission to get a pedicure, so I'll take advantage of that soon too. I think I'm finally starting to look my age. I'm noticing more wrinkles on my face and a few grey hairs. Honestly, I don't mind the grey hairs too much unless they're right at the front of my hair line and sticking straight up. Those suckers get plucked out of my head. For now at least, I don't want to pluck myself bald. haha

Justin turns the big 4-0 in February, and I'm working on a big surprise for him. I know he hates the idea of being the center of attention, so I'm not throwing him a party. I've been saving up and earning money on my own to pay for this surprise. I've been baking cookies and bread and selling them to anyone interested. I've also been saving most of my spending money, which hasn't been easy. But between now and the end of February, I should definitely have enough cash for what I'm planning. (I know Justin doesn't read my blog, but I don't want to say exactly what my plans are, just in case.)

I've really been enjoying church lately. The kids are getting better being in service, and hopefully, they're getting a tiny nugget of truth here and there. Another great thing about church is all the friends I have there. And they're not just friends because we hang out, but friends that hold me accountable and pray for me and are good examples of Christ for me. I am so very blessed!

We had "revival services" the week before last, and they were fantastic! I didn't get to go to every one, but the ones I did attend were really awesome. I especially liked one message, which was mostly about rejecting the Holy Spirit. I haven't been moved that much by a sermon in a really long time. I did listen to it later online, and wasn't moved to tears again, but there is a lot of good meat for sure. Here's the sermon, if you're interested in listening to it.

I'm leading a mother's group called Mommies of Blessings, and it's been quite successful so far. I missed the last meeting, since my parents were in town, but the September meeting was awesome. (I can't remember if I blogged about it or not.) There are about 12 or so women that get together once a month to get to know each other better, pray together, and discuss a different topic at each meeting. We're also trying to meet on a different day with our children for a fun activity once a month. I've taken on quite a bit of responsibility preparing for the meetings, but I've learned that it's just as good (if not better) to go with the flow. I'm really looking forward to seeing what God is going to do in and through this group of Christian mommies!

I'm sure there is plenty I could say about my kids right now. But since this is already a pretty long blog, I'll write about them a different day. Hopefully, it won't take me three weeks to blog again. But if it does, assume it means I'm living life to the fullest with my wonderful family! 80)

1 comment:

  1. I read your blog. I just do it in Google Reader, so I don't actually SEE your blog, per se. Happy Birthday, and thank you for my birthday wishes. :) And here are my tips for going back to cloth: do it! You can try to strip your old ones to see if you can bring them back to life. If not, it's still cheaper to re-invest in new ones than do disposables. And you can buy them used for cheap on ebay. Do it!

    ReplyDelete