Friday, October 1, 2010

Where Have I Been?

Okay, it's harder keeping up a blog than I thought, especially with a 2 year old and an almost 8 month old. I don't even know what has happened since I last blogged 16 days ago. Please don't mind the bevy of random thoughts.

I'm over halfway through my facebook fast. I don't miss it at all. That's not to say I won't log on October 23 and attempt to catch up.

I've gained 6 pounds in the past couple months. Today I got back on the Weight Watchers wagon for the 400th time. If I'm going to meet my goal in late February, I've got to get my act in gear.

Deuce is crawling all over the place, and even pulling himself up to his knees. I wonder if he'll be our early walker. I can't get over how good looking he is. I think it's all that hair he has combined with his blue eyes. He is also enormous. He and Josie can basically wear the same size clothes.

Speaking of Josie, how can someone be so adorable and aggravating at the same time? She's been quite noisy lately. I've been trying to teach her to use her inside voice, with no success. I know it's just a phase, so I'm not too worried, but the yelling, screaming and crying does get annoying.

On a positive note, she is learning more and more words and phrases. I love that she knows all of her letters and she can count up to 15. As much as she  likes books, I hope she becomes an avid reader.

I've been going to The Church in Wisconsin for 2 months, and I'm finally starting to get used to it. I admit, it doesn't quite feel like home, but I know that's only a matter of time. I'm growing spiritually, so I can't complain. I still miss Pastor David though.

Last Friday was our first Mommies of Blessings meeting. MOBs is a group for moms with kids in grade school or younger that I'm helping to lead. Our first meeting was a success! I can't wait till the next one in a couple weeks!

My mom was in town for a few days this past week. It's always nice when the grandmas visit, because that means I get a little bit of a break. It was a pretty low-key week, but we did spend most of the day at Bayshore Mall. I didn't realize that the distance between my house and Bayshore is about the same as to Southridge. I think I'm going to visit Bayshore a little more often, because it is so nice.

On Wednesday, we ditched church and went out to eat instead, while my mom babysat the kids. Justin and I and Jon and Mo went to Comet Cafe on the East side of Milwaukee. Justin and Jon each got this enormous sandwich called the Local Yokel.  Mo's meal "sucked," and I got the old standby - a marinated tofu sandwich. To all you haters out there - it was delicious.

We went to Culver's for dessert. I'm kinda anxious to try the new pumpkin cheesecake concrete mixer. I'll save it for a day when I have lots of points leftover.

Yesterday I took the kids for a walk/run by the lake. We went past the condos on Lake Drive, and then around to the trail on the lake side of the buildings. It's so pretty being that close to the lake, but I wish  there was a little more shade. The kids were baking, and uncomfortable. That's when I started running to try to get to the wooded area where it's more shady.

I really like the show Parenthood. It's entertaining and I really like the characters. Last night, Raven came over and we watched 3 episodes together. We also ate some yummy, homemade kettle corn, M&Ms and apple crisp. (I can't figure out why I gained any weight...). Afterward, we had some girl talk, which I always love.

This morning, the kids and I went to TCIW for a weekly playdate. This is the first time we went though. It was nice talking with a few girls from church. I don't know if we'll get there every week, but I'll try to get there every once in awhile.

Well, the house is a mess. I've got dishes today, laundry to wash, toys to pick up, floors to clean, and a daughter to tend to. I'll try not to wait as long to check in next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment