Sunday, December 26, 2010

Changes

I'm looking forward to making some changes in my life.

Starting tomorrow, I'm going to do my best to work out 5 days a week, and eat really well. I want to be at a certain weight by Justin's birthday, which is February 25. That gives me 60 days to drop about 20 lbs, which is about 2.5 lbs a week. I know it won't be easy, but it's doable. And I really need to be eating better. I just have no willpower during the holidays it seems. I'm hoping that being hardcore will help jump start a significant weight loss.

The other changes will hopefully come as a result of deactivating my facebook account.

First and foremost, I want to wake up each morning in prayer and bible reading. This will require me to probably set an alarm (since right now my alarm is Deuce waking up) for pretty early. He usually wakes up any time between 5 and 6 most days. I'm sure there will be mornings he gets up before me, but hopefully 5:30 will be a good time to spend with the Lord. It's not going to be easy, but I want to be diligent in seeking God.

Second, I want to spend more time playing with my kids. This will require me to be more efficient at keeping the house in order. And I also need to recognize when a chore can wait. No one will get hurt if the dishes sit for another hour while I have fun with my children. 80)

Third, I want to start a daily curriculum with Josie. I had a very simple one going for a little while, but stopped  for whatever reason. She's a smart little cookie. She knows all the capital letters of the alphabet by sight. She can sing the song for the most part - she skips a few, and LMNO, doesn't sound much like the letters at all. lol. Plus recently, I've heard her make the letter's sound after she says it. "B, buh," which I think is pretty cool. She is also counting a lot more, recognizing shapes and colors and animals. Her vocabulary is definitely growing too. So, I'm going to try to come up with a short daily lesson /activity (maybe while Deuce is taking his morning nap) to do with her. If I'm going to homeschool, I better start practicing!

Fourth, I want to do a better job at keeping the house in order, without taking too much time away from the kids. I need to be more focused on one task at a time, and not be pulled to and fro between all the different things that need to be accomplished. I love Sesame Street, because I know it's one hour that Josie and Deuce are preoccupied, so I can do housework. But that means I actually have to do chores, and not stand around texting or whatever if I want to get much done in that hour!

Finally, I want to spend more time scrapbooking and doing other creative things. I think if I'm not spending as much time on the computer or in front of the TV, I will hopefully have more time to be creative. I have fallen very behind in my scrapbooks, and need to work hard to get them up to date!

Well, I certainly have my work cut out for me! I know that I can do it - I just need to rely on God's strength. I don't think I'll regret working harder in many different areas of my life, because I'm pretty sure the payoffs will be great. 80)

2 comments:

  1. So....how did today go? Did you get a good start?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did, Jenny! Thanks for asking! I counted my points very carefully, and I had a great workout at the Y (I went to a class called Body Blast).

    ReplyDelete