Sunday, September 5, 2010

Faith, Family, Friends

Today was a good day, full of my 3 favorite things.

After the kids and I woke up this morning, I realized that if I had a sense of urgency, we could go to Bible study before church. We made it just as it was starting. I let Josie play with the toys, while I attempted to sit and pay attention. I wasn't totally successful, but I'm glad I went. I will definitely make an effort to get out the door by 8:30 every Sunday.

Several people were out of town for the weekend, including two-thirds of worship leaders. Plus the keyboard was being serviced. Pastor Terry played the guitar, which is not what he normally does, and Greg played the drums. They seemed to manage pretty well. And I learned that "When The Saints Go Marching In" is actually a pretty good praise song. I never knew the lyrics! I really enjoyed service today. Maybe it had something to do with Kim and Emily taking care of my kids so I could worship and listen to the sermon undistracted.

We hung out and talked to some people after service, and then went home to eat lunch and take naps. I love family naptime, even if we are all in separate places. Well, Deuce and I usually snooze together. Anyway, I woke up after 5, and the kids were still out. Justin and I shared a nice conversation (I always like when we chat) while I prepared supper. The kids woke up, and we all sat at the table (Deuce sat in his exersaucer) and ate a late supper.

After church this morning, I had been invited by Matt and Bri Thundercloud to go over to their house with some other people for a fire. I ended up taking the kids over there around 8, but since it was drizzling, we stayed inside. I don't know exactly how many people were there, but I had some great conversations. Even though my besties weren't there, I was really comfortable talking and getting to know people. I'm looking forward to growing closer to my friends from church. 80)

We didn't get home until almost 11. And then I felt the need to stay up late watching TV and making strawberry lemonade. Now my kitchen is a disaster, and I just want to go to bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment