Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Great Day!

 I've got 5 reasons why I had such a great day yesterday:

1. My friends Raven and Kim came over.
     They came with a total of 5 kids, so we had a full (and messy) house in no time! That doesn't bother me, because I just love having the company. We just sat around and chatted like we usually do. It is such a blessing to have such great friends. And obviously, my friends aren't limited to those 2. 80)

2. I baked and ate some delicious peanut butter cookies.
     Okay, this isn't necessarily a good thing, since I ended up eating most of them myself. If you need a great and easy peanut butter cookie recipe, try this:

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

This time, I also added 1 tsp cinnamon, which added a really nice touch. I wish I had more self control when it comes to sweets though. If they're in the house, I want to eat them. I blame Raven and Kim for not taking some with them when they left. ;0)

3. Deuce is sleeping better.
     He has been doing so much better sleeping these days. I'm trying to stick to my guns on letting him cry it out a little bit. I only let him go 5-10 minutes before comforting him, and it seems to be working. As soon as we get a door on his bedroom, he should nap even better!


4. My car got fixed!!!
     This should probably be the #1 reason I had a great day, but it chronologically didn't get fixed until later in the afternoon. I certainly don't have an amazing car, but having a reliable vehicle, regardless of make or model is pretty important. It's so wonderful not having to depend on other people to give me rides. And it's even more wonderful to know that I'm not stuck at home. It took 4 weeks, and I think I handled it pretty well, but it's such a relief to be able to come and go (with the kids of course) as I please.

5. Ohio State won their bowl game against Arkansas.
     OSU pretty much rolled right over Arkansas the first half, even though Arkansas is a really good team. The half ended with Ohio State up 28-10. OSU had no turnovers and no penalties. I was feeling super confident, until the second half got under way. Arkansas managed to score 15 more points (2 field goals, a touchdown and a safety) and hold Ohio State to one measly field goal! With a minute left, and OSU up by 5, they punted, and Arkansas blocked the punt! Yikes! They were definitely in scoring position. But thankfully, Arkansas' quarterback choked and threw an interception. Whew!! What a great ending to a great game played by 2 exceptional teams!

Today should be pretty great too. I went to the Y this morning for a nice workout. I went over 2 1/2 miles on the elliptical, and then ran a fast 1/2 mile on the treadmill. Deuce is currently napping, and Josie is intermittently watching "Finding Nemo" and bugging me. ;0) Our AT&T cable box isn't working, so no Sesame Street for the kids (and me) today, but that's okay. After Deuce wakes up, and probably after lunch, the kids and I are going to take a delightful trip to Target. We've got a gift card to start spending! Tonight, we're going to Bible study at church, which I'm really looking forward to! In the past month, I've only made it to church once!

No comments:

Post a Comment