Sunday, January 2, 2011

Just Blabbing

Last night before he went to work, Justin moved Deuce's crib downstairs to his new room. Now he officially has a bedroom! Well, he still needs a door, but a crib is better than a pack and play, right?

I went to bed kinda early last night. I'm really trying, because I know getting enough rest is pretty important, both for my children and my own health. Too bad Deuce didn't get the memo. He decided he needed my assistance at 12:45... and continued needing it until about 2:15. I'm glad that I'm often able to drown out his crying, because if I allowed it to affect me too much, I'd go bonkers. Josie woke up once a night for what seemed like a long time, but she also slept for 12 hours a night and napped for a total about 3-4 hours every day. Deuce, on the other hand, sleeps about 9 hours, and doesn't nap very well. So I need to find a method to get him to sleep and stick to it.


I think tonight I'm going to try putting him down when he's drowsy but awake, and comfort him after 5 minutes of crying. When he relaxes, I'll put him back down. Assuming that he'll start crying again, I'll get him after another 5 minutes of crying. Repeat, except, wait 10 minutes. Do that twice and then move to 15 minutes, if necessary. I sure hope he figures it out soon! I'm tired of complaining about it.

On a positive note, Justin let me sleep in until after 8 this morning! He changed and fed the kids after they woke up too. I know I could've slept longer, but I'll take 5 1/2 straight hours of sleep without much whining!

My car still isn't fixed (although it now has a few new parts probably didn't need), but we're finally going to have it towed to a service shop this week. Hopefully it doesn't cost too much to get it up and running again. Being without a car for a month hasn't been easy, but I think I'm handling it better than I thought I would.

Oh, also positive, I weighed myself this morning, and I'm down 2.8 lbs from last Monday! If I can keep that up, I might have a shot at my goal weight. That means, no more baking banana cake with cream cheese frosting! It was pretty delicious, but not worth 8 points a piece! Yikes. Good thing I was able to send most of it with Justin to work where his workers could enjoy it. He said it got decimated. 80) 

Today is going to be a good day. Or else.

No comments:

Post a Comment