Sunday, January 23, 2011

It's About That Time

Actually, it's well past that time. I have had plenty to blog about, but little motivation to do so. I just don't spend as much time on the computer as I used to. That's definitely a good thing, but I should be more diligent about keeping my blog updated.

The Wednesday before last, Justin, the kids and I drove to the Toledo area to visit my family since we hadn't gotten to see them for Christmas. It was a really great time hanging out with everyone, but it does get tiring chasing the kids all over my parents' house. They have two open staircases that Josie and Deuce love climbing up and down. My sister brought her new ?boyfriend? home for everyone to meet, and I think he won us all over, just like he's one my sister over. I love seeing her so  happy, and I'm anxious to see how things go for them.

We came home last Monday evening, and then three days later, my mother in law came up to visit. Judy just loves her grandchildren, and would live up here if she could. She is always so helpful with the kids, and she loves washing dishes and doing laundry. She watched the kiddos while I went to my MOB (Mommies of Blessings) Squad meeting on Friday.

Speaking of blessings, what a blessing that group of women is to me! We meet monthly, and I enjoy myself every time. I hope the other ladies are blessed too! This month we talked briefly about Mary and Martha, and then spent some time discussing how to balance being a mom with the other roles we play (wife, friend, career woman, etc). I learned a lot and got encouraged in the process!

Yesterday morning, the MOBS leadership team (there are 6 of us) went up to the Dells for an overnight girls trip. Most of the girls enjoyed the hot tub, but I'm not much of a swimsuit chick. I pretty much stayed in the condo and relaxed. We had lots of great conversation, some bible study, ate way too much junk food, watched a movie, and played a rousing game of Farkle last night. I practically had to do cartwheels to get the party poopers to play a game. But once we got into it, they perked up and really got into it. I was the last one to go to bed and one of the first to wake up this morning. We left around noon, and stopped at Texas Roadhouse on the way home for lunch.

Oh by the way, I never mentioned some pretty big news. As of Thursday, January13th, I am no longer a vegetarian. I decided that 4 1/2 years was long enough. There are a variety of factors that contributed to my decision, but the main reason is that I realized I had started getting prideful about not eating meat. I try to pray Psalm 139:24 as often as I think of it, and that pride is an offense to God. So, now I can eat whatever you put in front of me. And I probably will.

So, back to my little trip away. I was really nervous about leaving Deuce. Josie was over 1 1/2 when I left her overnight, and I wasn't nursing her anymore. I was afraid that Deuce would lose interest in nursing or that my supply would go down. Looking back, it seems a little silly now. He was totally fine for Grandma! And of course, he nursed just fine when I got home.

It's nice to be home. I love my family. I love my friends. I love my life.

1 comment: