Monday, January 31, 2011

What I Want

I don't understand why there is often a lot of emphasis put on the physical description of Heaven. I have no interest in pearly gates, streets of gold, a bejeweled crown or a mansion with many rooms.

If the entrance to Heaven is an old wooden gate, the streets are asphalt, everyone wears baseball hats and lives in studio apartments, I would be quite okay with that.

All the carnal things of this Earth that people put so much value in... why would they be worth anything when we're with the Lord?

I just want Jesus. Everything else is pointless without Him. There are a thousand songs I could sing to Him. A thousand words I could use to express my love and gratitude. And like the sinful woman, I look forward to the day when I can sit at the feet of Jesus, and pour out the perfume of my heart to my Savior.

Oh, how I love Him.

4 comments:

  1. Amen!! ...although it would be nice to be skinny in heaven - lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarahbeth, thanks for commenting on my blog! Your story about the pastor search committee was interesting, but I fear, all too typical. I'm glad you are in a good place now. Hope to see you around again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll get a new body, but who knows what God thinks is physical perfection? 80)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, Amen, SB! I am with you. I never got the whole pearly gates thing. I mean, it's in the Bible so it has relevancy, but the fancy things don't really mean much to me. I am cool with baseball caps and wooden gates too :)

    ReplyDelete