Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hardworking Hubby

I can only imagine how tired my husband is right now! Justin woke up yesterday afternoon at 3 (if you didn't recall, he works 3rd shift), and is still awake as I type this. The roads were treacherous as he drove to work in downtown Milwaukee; he almost got stuck in a snow drift on Lake Dr, and going over the Hoan Bridge was insanely windy! Because the roads were so bad this morning when his shift ended, he had to stay an extra hour. It took him a long time to get home, and he didn't even make it all the way. His truck got stuck down the street. So he walked to the garage (he had to walk through chest deep snow to get to the door), got out the shovel and snowblower, and went to work clearing the sidewalks. When Justin finished with that, he went back to his truck to dig that out. He was finally able to get his truck unstuck from the snow, but had no place to park it. The street in front and the alley behind our house were both impassible. So he drove around for quite awhile trying to find a parking lot that was plowed. He ended up parking at a local Walgreens, which is like 1/2 a mile away. He then walked home, and you can bet he was tired and cold! I gave him some dry clothes to change into. I figured he would be ready to crawl in bed by then, but he wanted to do a little more shoveling first. In the meantime, the alley was plowed, so Justin decided to walk back to his truck and drive it home! It's crazy how much he's had to do today. I hope he's able to get home and go to bed soon. It's 3-4 hours past his bed time! I'm really proud of my hardworking husband!

3 comments:

  1. I felt so bad for the poor guy :( But glad he made it home safely - from work and from Walgreens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by the way, the time on the blog is off. It was about noon when I typed this.

    ReplyDelete