Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Apples?

The kids have a container of extra large plastic buttons in several different shapes and three colors. (Thanks Em for the hand me down!) Whenever Deuce gets a hold of them, his goal is to get them as far away from himself as possible by thrashing his arms about, sending them flying. He tends to do that with most toys actually. Anyway, this evening, Josie was picking up the buttons that had been strewn all over the living room while I was in the kitchen feeding her brother. I could hear her naming shapes, so I wanted to see if she had them right. She correctly identified the squares, circles, triangles and flowers as she was putting them back in the plastic container. Then she picked up a heart shaped button and said, "apple!" I didn't correct her, but I guess I'll have to teach her what a heart is eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment