Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Dinner

My husband isn't very romantic. I've known that from the beginning, and I've always been okay with that. However, that doesn't mean I don't appreciate a little effort toward romance now and then. Such as: my birthday, our anniversary and sometimes Valentine's Day. I have low expectations (not that I don't think Justin can deliver, but because it doesn't take much to please me) when it comes to romance. Several days ago I assured Justin that I don't want him to buy me anything, but I would like him to do something special for V-Day. A couple days ago, I mentioned that if he didn't know what to do he could make me dinner. He let out a big sigh of relief and thanked me for the idea, because he had been racking his brain all day for ideas. Knowing that he spent time thinking about doing something sweet and/or romantic for me is almost as good as the actual thing itself.

So, anyway, Justin made dinner tonight while I napped on the couch (a double gift!). He made stuffed pork chops and twice baked potatoes, as well as broccoli and wild rice. It was a very yummy dinner, and I enjoyed the effort and result!



I love my husband!

1 comment: