Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Facebook Who?

What an enjoyable and (socially) productive day I had!

The boy woke up hungry at about 5 this morning, and was ready to face the day by 5:45. Josie woke up shortly after that I think I got a total of 4 hours of sleep. I'm not complaining, because it's my own fault for being such a night owl. Every once in awhile, I ask Justin to watch the kids while I get a little bit more sleep, but I had already decided that this morning I was going to take the dog for a walk.

Poor Waldo doesn't get exercised enough. I have plenty of excuses, but none of them are really that good. It comes down to the fact that I'm selfish and lazy. Anyway, I took him for a much needed 30 minute walk. It was a great way to start the day. We walked around the neighborhood and through Sheridan Park. Early mornings are so lovely. And Waldo is such a good walker (thanks to about $800 in training). I think I'll have to make this a weekly (I know it should be daily, but I'm trying to be realistic) thing.

When I got home, I did some housework and hung out with the kids. Honestly I don't remember exactly what I did between 7 and 9:30. Actually, at some point we started getting ready to go to South Shore Park to meet Tracey and Lilly and anyone else who decided to come. I grabbed some fuel at Starbucks (a Java Chip Frap this time), and we got to the park around 9:45. Does anyone really care about time? I don't know why I feel the need to be so accurate with time. Well, Margaret and Mikko and Margaret's MIL, Julie, were there. Raven and her boys came a little later too. It's not exactly easy holding an adult conversation at the park while keeping an eye on (and often chasing after) a toddler, but it's nice having people around that I know and love.

Josie loves the park. She really enjoyed the slides today. It took her awhile to get comfortable enough with them to slide down by herself. She did plenty of that at the park today. Another thing she enjoyed was climbing. You know the ladder thing that as rungs that are u-shaped and starts going vertically and then goes horizontally? Well, Josie climbed that several times this morning, and twice without me. This wasn't by choice. When I saw that she was almost across the top, I ran over to her to make sure she didn't fall. What a brave little girl she is. Or naive. Either way, you go girl!

Deuce was a good little guy too. He didn't get fussy until right before we left because he was tired and hungry. He's been sitting up really well, so I had him sitting in the grass for awhile, and later we sat on the playground equipment while Josie climbed up and slid down the slide. Yeah, I let my kid climb up the slide. It's good for her motor development.

We came home around lunchtime. Shortly after that, Mo and Kennedy came over with some crumb cake. I of course had to sample a piece. I love coffee/crumb cakes. Kennedy and Josie played while Mo and I chatted, like we're known to do from time to time. ;0)

By the time they left, it was almost 3, and Josie needed a nap! I tried getting some more housework done, and then eventually, I got Deuce to fall asleep, and I got a little snooze in myself. I love naps, but I prefer when they're longer - like in the 2 hour range haha. I know I'm spoiled.

It was after 5 when I got up. I quickly got ready for Bible Study and started preparing dinner for Josie. Just leftovers, so no big deal. I had to wake her up around 5:45. That girl is such a good napper. As usual, we were rushed getting ready for church, but got there with a little time to spare. I enjoyed studying study tonight. It was the first one at the new church that I've been to, and it was nice sharing thoughts with each other about God's word. It was after 9 when we finally left.

The kids are in bed, the dishes are done, the house is relatively tidy, and I am tired!

And I barely thought about checking facebook today. This is a lot easier than I expected it to be. I'm not sure I want everyday to be as busy as this one, but it was nice staying active enough not to want to sit on my computer aimlessly for hours.

So now I think I'll read the last chapter in Galatians and then snuggle with my hubby before I crash.

Thank You, Jesus for such a blessed day! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment